Prof. Jochen Dieckmann Lawyer, Minister of Justice and Finance of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Retired)
- Administrative Law
- Building and Planning Law
- Civil Service Law
- Labour Law
Born in 1947 in Bonn-Bad Godesberg. Admitted to the Bar 2007. University studies in Bonn, Freiburg and Cologne.
Following his legal education, Professor Dieckmann worked as a lawyer, inter alia, with the City of Bonn (1975 - 1981) and with the German Association of Cities and Towns (Deutscher Städtetag) (1982 Head of Division for Building Law, 1989 Councillor (Beigeordneter) for Urban Development, Housing and Traffic and 1990 - 1999 Managing Member of the Presiding Board and General Manager).
Professor Dieckmann gained extensive experience at the state and national levels as Minister of Justice and Finance of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (1999-2002; 2002-2005), as a member of the State Parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia (2002-2007), and also as a member in the Mediation Committee and the German Bundesrat (Federal Council) (therein as Chairman of the Financial Committee 2002-2005).
Professor Dieckmann is Honorary Professor at the German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer (Deutsche Universität für Verwaltungswissenschaften Speyer, DHVS). He treats various subjects in many publications and lectures, above all, in the fields of building and planning law, environmental protection and urban development, administrative organisation and financial constitution.English and French
- Bonner Anwaltverein (BAV) (Bonn Bar Association)
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV) (German Bar Association)
- Deutscher Juristentag (Association of German Jurists) (since 1972)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesetzgebung (German Association for Legislation)
- Deutsch-Französische Juristenvereinigung (German-French Lawyers' Association)
- Deutsche Akademie für Städtebau und Landesplanung (DASL) (German Academy of Urban
- Development and Regional Planning), elected ordinary member since 1991